If you have been seeing your Facebook friends’ accounts having one name and wish to do the same with your Facebook Personal account. This post will serve you well.
It’s really simple to change your multiple Facebook names into a single name.
However, there’s no other way to change your name on Facebook to a single name unless you’re connecting through an Indonesian IP address. This is because most Indonesians don’t have family names.
So if you live in any other country, other than Indonesia, you will need to make a few adjustments to your Facebook account and also download a specific VPN called Indonesia VPN to access the feature.
VPN refers to Virtual Private Network; it hides your online activity.
Steps to follow:
1. Install and Connect Indonesia VPN
If you don’t already have the Indonesia VPN, you will need to install it on your device. Alternatively, you can connect to a VPN with an Indonesia server option.
2. Change your Location to Indonesia on Facebook
- Go to https://www.facebook.com in a web browser or Facebook Application. If you’re not already signed in to your Facebook account, enter your email or username and password to log in.
- Click on your name to view your profile
- Click the Edit Profile button.
- Click Edit Your About Info at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Click Places Lived. It’s usually in the left panel if you’re using a computer.
- Click the three dots (pen-icon) next to your hometown and select Edit City. Now you can edit your hometown.
- Enter Jakarta, Indonesia, and click Save
3. Changing Your Name on Facebook
- Click the down-arrow (hamburger icon) at the top-right corner of Facebook.
- Click Settings and privacy on the menu. Another set of options will expand.
- Click Settings. It’s near the top of the menu.
- Select Personal Information
- Click Edit next to your name.
- Enter your first name and remove your last name.
- Click Review Change.
- Enter your password and click Save Changes.
- And you’re all set.
- The most reliable and secure VPNs are those you have to pay for such as CyberGhost, NordVPN, and Express VPN. They all have trial versions and you can always try them out before making a purchase.
- After connecting to your VPN, make sure you select the option to connect with an Indonesian server.
I hope this helps you change your name to a single name like mine on Facebook, Check out my Facebook Profile